Special Diets And Recipes
In my experiences, I learned that diet is essential to the recovery and healing process of Autism and ADHD. I totally understand the battle and in some severe cases, the extreme worry of trying to get your child to eat when they have food issues to taste, colors, textures, smells, gagging, force coughing, tantrums, food throwing, etc. I am sharing recipes that have worked for my boys and hopefully can work for your family as well.
- I "hide" a lot of veggies in delicious muffins, sweet fruit smoothies & pancakes
- I save the strained pulp from juicing/blending to make delicious "Juice" muffins, breads, & pancakes
- I sometimes give character names to the smoothies to make it more fun for my boys to drink
- I use the jumbo-wide "smoothie straws"
- I sometimes freeze the smoothies and make "smoothie pops"
- I sometimes serve the salads as "salad plates" because my boys don't always like their food mixed together
- To save time, I try to prep fruits & veggies, wrap in paper towels and store in glass bowls/glass containers in fridge
- To save time, I sometimes make baked pancake "flat breads" that are delicious as either pancakes or sandwiches.
- When using oranges, clementines, tangerines in smoothies; If you do not want the "pulp" in your smoothie, blend first with water and strain. Then add the other ingredients to your smoothie.
My Free recipe list is ever growing so be sure to check back frequently for more new recipes!